Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mayonnaise Hair Treatment

Mayonnaise for hair? Absolutely! I tried this treatment few years ago and it always yielded great results. Over the last year I have lost quite a bit of hair and ever since have been trying to get it back to its old state. I think the stress of 'adult' life really gets to you and you start losing hair because back when I was in grad school, I didn't eat nearly as healthy as I do now. I used to flat-iron the shiz out of my hair. All that wear and tear really did a number on my hair I guess. I went out for a stroll today and usually I end up going to Trader Joe's at is only a mile from my apartment. I found this giant jar of mayonnaise for $3.99 and the ingredients made me really happy.



Canola oil, eggs, apple cider, lemon juice? All great, great, greaaaat for hair! I think the ingredients in this mayonnaise are far better than the ones you find in your mega mart. I came home, and couldn't wait to apply this to my hair. I applied about 2 tablespoons to my entire head, from root to tip.
And then I put my hair up into a bun. I punched holes into a plastic bag and wore it over my head for 2 hours (you could use a shower cap). Just stay away from your couch or furniture that might get stained as this thing does get a bit drippy after sometime (because of the oil).
After washing my hair, it felt softer and shinier. I find it much easier to wash out than oil. And don't worry, your hair won't smell like eggs or vinegar afterwards (provided you use a fragrant shampoo and conditioner). I use Follicure shampoo and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner. Why no sulfate/silicone free shampoo and conditioner you ask? I tried those...the everything-free, 'green' shampoos and conditioners and they just didn't work for me. My hair turned into this horrible knotty and limpy mess. I wanted to love them but unfortunately, my curly, frizzy locks needs silicone for that slip and detangling. More on that in another post. For now, loving this mayo treatment all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment