Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Something I've been loving...

So one thing that hasn't changed about me is I'm still a green-tea aficionado. My love affair with green tea started when I was still in high school, but back then I would drink any kind of green tea. Now, I only like japanese green tea. It has that fresh, grassy, smooth flavor that really feels refreshing and antioxidant-y. There are many types of japanese green tea: sencha, geinmacha, matcha, kukicha, etc. Those are the few that I've tried and the ones that I love most are the matcha and sencha. While sencha is a whole-leaf tea, matcha is finely milled green tea that can be used to make iced-tea, hot tea, ice-cream, desserts, etc. It is a bit on the pricey side, hence its more of a occasional drink for me. Sencha is a close relative of matcha in terms of taste. Upon brewing it turns into this bright green color, almost like a neon green. I could have 10 cups of sencha all day and not complain as the caffeine content in it is very low compared to many other teas. Recently, I found a value pack of sencha tea-bags at a chinese grocery store and it only cost $6.99. Now that's a steal as a jar of sencha (loose leaf) can run you anywhere from $10 to $20. If you like your tea to be grassy, fresh tasting with no bitter after-taste, try sencha. I like it without any additives. However if you like your tea sweet, try it with some raw wildflower honey, tastes exquisite. Speaking of which, let me go make me some...

No comments:

Post a Comment