Thursday, February 21, 2013

Holy Grail Face Mask

One fine evening, I was browsing the Amazon bestsellers of beauty and I came across this item called Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. It is 100% natural calcium bentonite clay and it was priced at around $9 (for 2 lbs). I was reading endless reviews about the greatness of this product. How it changed some people's lives, how it really works, etc. Anyway, I soon forgot about it, like the many items I read reviews online about and forget in due time :) So one day I was at Whole Foods and I stumbled upon this. It was $6.99 for 1 lbs tub. 
On the back of the tub it says to mix the clay with apple cider vinegar to make a paste and apply to areas needed. I didn't have apple cider vinegar on hand and decided to make the paste with water instead. While it did become a paste, it was kind of clumpy. So I decided to get a bottle of apple cider vinegar. I got the raw kind from Trader Joe's. It cost $2.99. You can buy raw apple cider vinegar at Whole Foods, Trader Joes or any health foods store.
 I mixed a tablespoon of indian healing clay with two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a non-metallic bowl. Upon mixing it fizzes, I guess due to the vinegar and within seconds you have a smooth paste ready to apply to your face. 
After steaming my face, I applied it to my face and within 10 minutes I could feel my face 'pulsate' as it says on the tub. I then stepped into the shower and rinsed away the mask. Instantly fresher skin was revealed, albeit a little red near my eyebrows and forehead ( I always get red there if I apply clay masks). I think I left it on a little too long. The real benefits can be seen the next day. 
For the sake of this post, I did a demo on my hands, to show its benefits. 


Excuse my nasty nails -__-



No comments:

Post a Comment