Friday, February 22, 2013

Desi Style Fried Chicken


Ingredients

Chicken- 7 pieces 
Fresh ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Soy sauce- 1 tbsp
Black pepper- 1 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1/2 tbsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Corn flour - 1/4 cup
Flour - 1/2 cup
Water

I first marinated the chicken in ginger-garlic paste, soy sauce, black pepper, red chilli powder, sweet chilli sauce and garam masala powder and kept it aside for 5 hours. The longer you marinate, the better it tastes. 
In the same bowl, I added corn flour, flour and water and mixed it. I didn't make a batter separately as this just makes the process easier and I am all for easy. I mixed the chicken well and made sure its coated in the batter mixture. I fried all 7 pieces together for half an hour. I am afraid of raw chicken, or uncooked chicken hence the long cook time. Also, I didn't deep-fry them, I think if you deep-fry them, you might be able to do it quicker. Well, guess I should get myself a deep-fryer. 
The result: They were crunchy, spicy, juicy and delicious...hubby helped himself to 4 pieces!Excuse the picture quality, I took it by phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment