Wednesday, November 27, 2013

5 Makeup Products I can't live without!


I've been playing with makeup ever since I was 15...The minute I realized that filling in my brows and adding a tinted lip balm could make a world of a difference to my face, I was hooked. Today, I love makeup just as much as I did when I was a teenager. Nothing makes me happier than when I walk into Sephora and lay my eyes on all it has to offer...from luminous highlighters to creamy lipsticks. they all hold a special place in my heart. Can I buy everything I want? No. Absolutely not. I am not a makeup hoarder (although my hubby thinks so!). I mean, my relationship with makeup has changed in the sense that I now realize that I only have so much eyelid space, so much skin on my face and so much lips...buying too much makeup would mean I would have to throw some out after a few years. Buying makeup makes me happy but I try to justify a purchase by saying that I really need this color or I ran out of this product. I try to use products in a way that keeps me looking like me with an added bit of flair. Finding happiness in makeup doesn't have to mean anything negative, as long as it isn't consuming you and is just something you enjoy dabbling in a little more than usual :)

Here are my 5 products I can't live without (not in picture):

1. Eyebrow pencil : Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony
This eyebrow pencil can double as a subtle eyeliner hence the lack of eyeliner in my top 5.

2. Peach concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer NW35
Amazingggg product for dark undereye circles. I usually use two shades of this product. A peachy one to counteract purple/blue circles and a lighter one to higlight. However, the peachy shade is a must-have as it totally neutralizes the dark circles.

3. Pressed powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent.
Superb product to keep your face looking matte and fresh.

4. Mascara: Maybelline Falsies Mascara
This mascara is a god-send. It adds volume like no other and is a staple in my makeup bag.

5. Lip stain: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain in Sweetheart
This product is nothing short of amazing. It can be used lightly to add a light stain and can be worn in full strength as a beautiful pink shade.


No comments:

Post a Comment