Friday, July 24, 2009

MAC Grand Duo: Light over Dark


I have always been a bit odd in selecting most things in life. I am not your run-of-the-mill kind of girl. I am not commending it, just mentioning it prior to explaining why I chose to buy 'Light over Dark' from the MAC Grand Duo Collection. I swatched in the store here in Oman and thought it looked like a really pretty ripened peachy/apricoty color. I brought it home and saw it that it was actually a true brick shimmery red (the blush side) and reddish peach(highlighter side). You have to go soooooo easy on this blush as a swipe too much and you may end up looking like you were bruised bad. Hmm...So here is how it looks swiped on my fingers (excuse the preposterous flash killing the color).

Here it is swatched on my hand (in flash)

Here it is swatched on my hand (without flash)


Overall, its a really, really pretty blush but its better for folks who are more caramely (NC42 up) in shade. Sometimes I wish I was tanner to wear some of the more prettier, darker blushes. Nonetheless, even on people with darker tones need to apply this with a light hand to avoid looking hurt. I use my MAC 188 for this as it does a better job of diffusing the blush. Using this with my regular Eco-tools fluffly blush brush is an absolutle No No. It piles it up like brick powder on my cheeks. I still think I love it and will find more ways to wear it. I can see this as a pretty blush for attending desi weddings and stuff. It looks very festive and is great for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment